THIS COURSE WILL TEACH YOU TO USE EXCEL TO BUILD PREDICTIVE MODELS THAT ANSWER QUESTIONS LIKE:
- What’s the relationship between a variable and an outcome?
- If I adjust X, what will be the impact on Y?
- What’s coming next?
- Are we going up or down and by how much?
- Why are we going up or down?
- How impactful is each variable? (i.e. what should I focus on first?)
- Are there any unusual outliers? What caused those?
- How likely is any given idea or decision or campaign to be successful?
- Did any given change or decision make a material business impact?
WE WILL LEARN PREDICTIVE ANALYTICS TECHNIQUES FOR ANY BUSINESS SCENARIO, WITH APPLICATIONS LIKE:
- What is the best combination of marketing channel and product offering to get the highest sales rates?
- Out of all of our customer segments, which ones are the most
likely to buy specific products?
- If we sell ‘x’ number of product A, how much can we expect to sell of product B?
- From all the medical data collected in a patient sample, which
factors are associated with high blood pressure?
- Does this medical treatment affect the blood pressure of our
- Which patient has the highest risk of mortality?
- What groups of people are most likely to be re-admitted to the
hospital within 60 days?
- What should we set the price at in order to sell the maximum
amount of a given product?
- Will someone purchase this product given a certain price?
- From all the metrics on our website, which ones are associated
with purchases on the site?
- If ‘x’ number of people sign up for this promotional program, how
many extra sales can we expect?
- Which traffic source to our website has the highest propensity for
- How many sales are we likely to have next year?
- How many products should we produce or have in inventory?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
DO YOU HAVE TO BE AN EXCEL GURU TO DO WELL IN THIS CLASS?
No. You don’t need to know complicated formulas or be able to do
tricky things to get value from this course. Familiarity with Excel
will help, but everything you need to know will be taught.
CAN I LEARN THIS FOR FREE ON THE INTERNET?
Not easily. Although there are some resources out there, many are too technical to be easily understood. Usually, they aren’t focused on solving business problems (it’s too much theory).
IS IT REALLY WORTH IT? I DON’T HAVE MUCH TIME.
In 3 days, you will leave this course able to solve thorny problems
and have immediate impacts.
Carving out 3 days is often easier than finding time to learn
something on your own. And you know you’ll walk out with the level
of proficiency you need to solve tough problems and create
actionable insight that can lead to measurable financial impacts.
WHAT IF I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT STATS?
Statistical fundamentals and principles are covered in the course,
so no need to have any previous stats knowledge.